Website Northwestern Glass Fab
Full Job Description
Job Title: Cutting Operator, 2nd shift
Reports to: Cutting Block Lead
Location: Northwestern Glass Fab – Fridley, MN
The Cutting Operator is responsible for the glass cutting and equipment located within the Cutting Block. Responsible for producing daily cutting schedules. This includes start-up of the line and daily production runs. This is a Journeyman Union position. We will be able to provide training if required. Expected hours are 1:45pm – 10:00pm.
The right person will have a history of activities that align with our company values:
- We show up
- We bring it
- We do it right
- Works with the Cutting Block Lead to achieve daily block KPI goals.
- Works with second shift lead to complete assigned tasks
- Ensure that all safety policies are followed correctly.
- Check glass quality and be able to identify basic glass defects.
- Sees that all equipment PM’s are done according to schedule.
- Should be able to accurately reject glass in process and identify any sources of rejects.
- Operate float cutting table, hand cut, and laminated cutting table.
- Read and fill out proper documentation (hard copies & electronically)
- Able to properly perform quality tests.
- Communicate with the block lead in regards to quality or breakage issues.
- Never allow the line to get backed up with glass or miss fabrication cycles.
- Must possess a high sense of urgency and want to succeed.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to use a windows PC
- Must have 2-3 years previous glass experience
We offer a competitive package including health/dental insurance, flex benefits and paid vacation/holidays. Weekly pay as part of a contract bargaining unit. Paid retirement benefits.
Northwestern Glass Fab is known for custom glass fabrication specializing in Commercial Interior,
Glass Walls, Safety Commercial Railings and Balconies. We Show Up, We Bring It, and We Do it Right.
Follow Northwestern Glass Fab on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/11330870
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit bringlass.com.