Website Heartland Glass
Full Job Description
We are searching for a Project Manager to join our team! Established in 1980, Heartland Glass Co. (a division of Brin Glass) has been a leader in the glazing industry for the upper Midwest for over 40 years. Our markets include distribution and fabrication of glass and architectural aluminum products, glass service and contract glazing. We enabled our employees to acquire beneficial ownership in 2013 when the Company formed an ESOP.
The right person will possess exceptional analytical and communication skills. Most importantly, the right person will have a history of activities that align with our company values – We show up. We bring it. We do it right.
At Heartland Glass Company, our employees are our best assets! We offer a competitive package including:
- Health, Dental, Life and Vision Insurance
- Flex Benefits – including Medical Expense and Dependent Care
- 401(K) with company match
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Paid Holidays & PTO
- Educational Assistance
- Career development and advancement opportunities
JOB SUMMARY: To perform project coordination functions on projects requiring all types of glass, aluminum, and hardware products
The Project Manager will be responsible for the successful implementation and administration of the Project Budget. The Project Manager will assist, communicate, and coordinate with the sales personnel, contractors, architects, other subcontractors, purchasing, and field personnel to assure a timely completion of project schedule. The Project Manager will oversee the following three stages of every project:
- Review original estimate with salesperson to assure that any questions or problems are solved in a prompt manner.
- Review project specification
- Prepare a schedule based on contractor information as a guide to timely completion of work.
- Shop drawings review
In Process Job Coordination:
- Update project schedule with coordinator. Order all material to meet schedule requirements of project.
- Notify shop of fabrication.
- Notify field superintendent or scheduled field installation.
- Supply updated shop drawings.
- Coordinator will attend job progress meetings to update all personnel with current:
- Monitor hours and material cost on job and if there are any large variances.
- Approve payment of invoices for material purchased for the job.
- Coordinate field disputed or clarifications with contractor.
- Review punch list with field superintendent and write tickets to take corrective measures.
- If back charges are required from our vendor, contact vendor salesperson so back charge can be processed timely.
- Review with salesperson final billing to include all change orders.
- Make certain all forms which are required by contract are completed.
- Review final cost of contract and explain variances.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree with a major in Construction Management or similar degree or (2) year associates degree with previous job experience in the glass and glazing industry.
- Valid Minnesota Driver’s License
- Basic mechanical/construction aptitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Must be detail oriented and work on several projects simultaneously
- High degree of math skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, PDF editors, Microsoft Project and other industry related software
Heartland Glass delivers both residential and commercial glass projects, including repair, service, and new installation. Follow Heartland Glass on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/4267141
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Construction project management: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit bringlass.com.